I still remember the first time I ordered Coconut Custard Pie at the cafeteria and was instantly enthralled with its tropical flavors and texture. It took some years before I got around to making this delicious dessert myself, but when I did, it immediately became an all-time favorite with our family, too.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 8 Tablespoon butter
- 2 cups of milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 small spoon vanilla extract
- We mix the flour, milk, coconut, eggs, vanilla, butter, and sugar in the mixer. Mix well.
- Pour into a pan greased with butter and flour. Spread the nutmeg on top and bake at 350 degrees for about 44 minutes.