This creamy shrimp pasta recipe is like a seafood version of chicken Alfredo, but so much better! It’s perfect for guests or to celebrate a special occasion! Our entire family loves this pasta dish and requests it all the time. It’s packed with flavor and so creamy and delicious!
- 3/4 lb Fettuccine pasta
- 1lb shrimp
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1tbsp oil
- 1small onion
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sprinkle parmesan cheese, parsley, or basil for garnish
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions, draining but without rinsing. Place something aside.
- Season shrimp with 1/4 teaspoon paprika, black pepper, and salt in a small bowl.
- Add the tbsp of oil to a large skillet and fry the shrimp for 1 minute per side.
- Remove the shrimp, then add the 2 tbsp butter, onion, and garlic, and fry for about 2 minutes.
- Add the 2 cups heavy cream, bring to a boil, and toss in the parmesan cheese until it is dissolved.
- then return the shrimp and pasta to the sauce and cook for another 3 minutes, seasoning to taste with salt and pepper and top with parmesan cheese, parsley, basil, or paprika.