If you are looking for the best twice-baked potatoes recipe, your search is over! These twice-baked potatoes are creamy, cheesy, and loaded with flavor. You will never want to eat a regular baked potato again!
love that they can be made ahead of time because they make busy weeknights so much easier.
- 4 large baking potatoes, washed and dried
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- olive oil
- 8 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Place the potatoes on a baking pan lined with foil and brush with oil. Bake for 60 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork-tender. Allow for a 10-minute cooling period.
- Cook bacon until crispy in a large nonstick skillet. Take the bacon out of the pan and crumble it. Place aside.
- 2 tablespoons of bacon grease should be left in the skillet. Cook for 5 to 7 minutes over medium-high heat with the onion.
- When the potatoes are cold enough to handle, cut them in half horizontally. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch layer.
- In a large mixing basin, combine the potato pulp, butter, cream cheese, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Using a potato masher, mash until smooth.
- Combine the onion, half of the bacon, and 1 cup of the cheese in a mixing bowl.
- Fill the potato shells with the mixture.
- Cook for 20 to 25 minutes on a baking pan.
- Finish with the remaining cheese, bacon, and green onions.
- Return to the oven and bake until the cheese is melted.
- Serve enjoy.