When you’re craving a steak, think of this dish with shrimp and pesto sauce that’s full of flavor. It makes us forget that chicken ever existed.
- 2 Good quality steaks
- 1 lb. Shrimp peeled, cleaned, and deveined
- 1 lb. Asparagus spears with the woody part removed
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter unsalted
- 2 tsp. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, and oregano
- 1 Box Linguini pasta
For the pesto sauce:
- 4 C. Fresh basil leaves
- ¼ C. Olive oil + more as needed
- ⅓ C. Pine nuts
- 2 tsp. Minced garlic
- 1 C. Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Cook the linguine in a pot of boiling water to your liking, and drain well.
- Heat 1 tbsp. Combine the oil in a skillet over medium heat, and cook the marinated meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder, until cooked to your liking. Remove it, and let it rest while you prepare the shrimp.
- Add butter to the skillet over medium-high heat and cook the shrimp with a pinch of salt. Cook until tender, remove from skillet and set aside.
- Place the asparagus in the skillet, reduce the heat to medium, put the lid on, and cook until tender. Season with salt, pepper and oregano.
- In a blender or food processor, blend pesto sauce ingredients until smooth.
- Add the sauce to the noodles and stir until well combined.
- Top each serving of noodles with som easparagus, steak, and shrimp.