Delicious Spicy Cheesy Chicken Bake is a simple and delicious dinner recipe that includes cheesy chicken and rice and pepper jack cheese and baked to perfection.
It’s one of our favorite chicken recipes, and for good reason. It’s simple, delicious, and perfect for any occasion. Serve it with some rolls or grilled veggies, and you’re good to go!
- 2 can(s) cream of mushroom soup
- 1/4 can(s) water (use soup can measure)
- 1 c white rice, uncooked
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 c pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 3-4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 c cheddar cheese, shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a baking dish, mix soup, water, and rice together.
- Add garlic, jalapeno peppers and chili powder.
- Then stir 1/2 cup of the grated pepper into the rice and soup mixture. Make sure to stir the ingredients evenly throughout the mixture.
- Place the chicken breasts in the soup and rice mixture.
- Top the chicken with the remaining cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese.
- Bake in the oven at 350 for 45 to 50 minutes, depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts. Breast work is done when the pink color in the middle disappears and the juices become clear.
- Serve the chicken breasts on a plate and pour the rice as a side dish. If desired, sprinkle a small amount of additional cheese over the chicken just before serving.