Red velvet cheesecake is one of the most delicious cheesecakes you will ever make. This combination of red velvet cake and cheesecake is pure perfection.
- Butter, for the cake pan
- Flour, for the cake pan
- 1 box red velvet cake mix, plus ingredients called for on the box
- 2 8-oz. packages cream cheese, softened
- 2/3 c. sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 c. sour cream
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tbsps powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- One flour spring form 9 cake molds.
- Prepare red velvet cake mix according to box directions. Pour the mixture into the prepared cake tin.
- Bake for 30 to 32 minutes.
- Allow to cool slightly in a cake pan and then remove, using a cake leveler to make sure the top is flat and set aside.
- In a large bowl using a hand mixer or stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy and blended, 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at a time, until blended.
- Add sour cream, flour, vanilla and salt and whisk until combined.
- Pour the filling into a separate 9′ springform pan, use parchment paper to line it up and bake until lightly flipped in center, about 1 hour.
- Let cool slightly, then transfer to freezer to cool completely and firm before assembled on top of red velvet cake. Use the cake flattener again if needed/want to achieve even layers.
- Add all ingredients to a mixing bowl.
- Using a large balloon whisk, whisk the ingredients by hand for about five minutes until soft peaks begin to form.
- You’ll know your whipped cream is ready when the cream is smooth and you keep the whisk.
Be careful not to over-whisk.
- Carefully place the cheesecake layer on top of the red velvet cake.
- Then spread the whipped cream over the cheesecake.
- Use the decorating pastry tip to make whipped dollops on the edge.
- Garnish with red velvet cake crumbs and serve.