This salad blends the best summer ingredients for a fresh salad and maximizes the use of grapefruit and orange.
A mix of tart fruits and spinach makes this a gentle palate cleanser.
Spinach salad with citrus is the perfect addition to any menu.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 ounces stemmed fresh spinach, washed, and
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and sectioned
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned
- ¼ cup chopped almonds, toasted
Mix all sauce ingredients together in a small bowl, cover and let cool until ready to serve.
Put the spinach and fruits in a large bowl.
Toss withenough dressing to coat well.
Sprinkle the almonds on the salad and stir again.