Southern Ambrosia Salad
Southern Ambrosia Salad is a must-have at any gathering. It’s always a crowd-pleaser! You take whipped topping, chopped pineapple, red grapes, mandarin oranges, crunched maraschino cherries, and sweetened coconut flakes and you mix it all and ship it back home! This salad is juicy and filling and has that really-well-done flavor. Southern ambrosia recipes are so different and so delicious!
- 1 tub of whipped topping thawed (8 oz)
- 1 can pineapple tidbits, drained well(20 oz)
- 1 can mandarin orange segments (15 oz)
- 1 cup sour cream
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1cup red or green seedless grapes, sliced in half
- 1½ cups sweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ cup mini marshmallows
- 1jar of maraschino cherry halves, drained very well (10 oz)
- Combine whipped topping and sour cream in a medium mixing bowl.
- Combine the coconut flakes and marshmallows in a bowl.
- Then fold gently in the pineapple, mandarin oranges, grapes, maraschino cherries, and the nuts (if using).
- Once everything is incorporated, cover it in plastic wrap or place it in a bowl with a lid and chill for approximately an hour before serving.