Loaded Potato Ranch Chicken Casserole
This casserole is a whole dinner, in one! Loaded potatoes, ranch creamy chicken filled with bacon, and cheese all topped with bacon. This comforting dish comes together fast and is sure to be a family favorite.
- 1.5 pounds of baby gold potatoes
- 1 cup cooked and crumbled bacon
- 2-pound chicken breasts
- ½ cup prepared ranch dressings
- ½ cup diced green onion
- 2 cups Mexican Chees blend
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover a baking dish. Non-stick cooking spray can be used
- Potatoes should be diced into 1-inch chunks.
- Combine the diced potatoes, salt and pepper, and 14-cup ranch dressing in a large mixing basin.
- Pour the potatoes into the prepared baking dish and spread them out evenly (keep the bowl; we’ll use it for the chicken later.)
- Bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes, or until the potatoes are almost done.
- While the potatoes are cooking, season the cubed chicken with salt and pepper and the remaining 14 cup ranch dressing in the same bowl as the potatoes.
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and reduce the oven temperature to 400F degrees after the potatoes have cooked for 30 minutes.
- Distribute the raw marinated chicken evenly over the cooked potatoes.
- Aluminum foil should be used to cover the baking dish
- Return the baking dish to the oven and cook for another 20 minutes
- Remove the baking dish from the oven and sprinkle the shredded cheese, bacon, and green onion on top.
- Return to the oven for another 8-10 minutes (or until cheese is melted and bubbly).