Slow Cooker Hawaiian Pineapple Chicken is the perfect meal to feed a dinner crowd or those lazy weeknight meals you want to enjoy with little prep. This dish is bursting with flavor and has the most tender, moist chicken ever. The chicken cooks low and slow in pineapple juice and chicken broth creating an exquisite sauce for the chicken to swim in. It’s delicious over mashed potatoes and rice, or just by itself.
- 4 Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs (bone-in and skin on)
- 2 cups pineapple cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1″ chunks
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1/2 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds, optional
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- parsley, for garnish
- Brown the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs on both sides for 3-5 minutes over high heat in a pan or the cast aluminum slow cooker insert, then remove them from the slow cooker.
- In the slow cooker’s bottom, place the pineapple and onion. In a slow cooker, combine the honey, soy sauce, brown sugar, grated ginger, and garlic.
- Return the Foster Farms Simply Raised Chicken Thighs to the slow cooker with care. Cook for 5 hours on low and 3 hours on high.
- Stir together the cornstarch and a tablespoon of water to mix. Add to the slow cooker with the bell peppers and cook for another 30 minutes while you prepare the rice to go with your meal.
- If preferred, serve with parsley as a garnish.