30 Minute Dinner Rolls
Dinner rolls are a staple of many American kitchens, but they can be intimidating to make. In this recipe, we’ll show you how easy it is to make fresh dinner rolls from scratch using the very basics of bread-making.
These rolls are simple enough for beginners and delicious enough for seasoned home bakers.
The best part is that with just 30 minutes, you can have a batch of these rolls rising in your refrigerator ready for a busy evening’s supper.
- 3 1/2 cups bread flour
- 1 cup warm, unboiled water
- 2 Tbs active dry yeast
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- Mix warm water, oil, yeast, and sugar in a bowl
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes until the yeast opens and the mixture looks puffy
- Add 2 cups of flour, salt, and eggs to the yeast mixture using the dough hook and mix.
- Add the remaining flour gradually.
- Let your stand mixer do the work and let it knead together until it becomes a smooth ball. The dough will be somewhat soft.
- Form the dough into 12 balls and place them in a baking dish
- Let the dough rest for 10 minutes, and preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Bake for 10 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, brush with butter.