Blooming Quesadilla Ring
Blooming Quesadilla takes a classic dish from Mexico and turns it into an appetizer that is fun-looking and full of flair. Filled with chicken and cheese, the recipe looks great and has all the flavors in it.
It’s easy to make once you have the right tools. It’s cooked like a pizza but shaped like a rose. Not just for Valentine’s Day, it can make Blooming Quesadilla for any occasion where you want to impress your guests.
- 20 soft flour tortilla taco shells
- 3 shredded boneless and skinless cooked chicken breast
- 4 cups finely grated cheese
- ½ cup red onion finely diced
- ½ cup sweet yellow onion finely diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper seeded and diced
- 2 cups cheddar cheese finely shredded
- ½ cup salsa of your favorite brand
- 1 cup taco sauce from your favorite brand
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped, optional garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. On a baking tray with butter paper on top. In the center of the baking tray put a bowl.
- Using a cutting board and a sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the tortillas in half. Cover the tortilla with a clean, dry cloth.
- In a large bowl, combine shredded cooked chicken, diced yellow pepper, finely diced red onion, salsa, and taco sauce. Stir well until all ingredients are completely homogeneous.
- Sprinkle 1 to 2 tablespoons of the shredded Colby Monterey Jack cheese and chicken mixture.
- Roll each of the « stuffed » halved tortillas into a cone. Be careful not to crush the filling. The small, pointed ends of the cones need to touch the wide-mouthed jar and form a ring around the jar.
- Once you’ve made a complete bottom layer, sprinkle about 12 to 13 cones, and ½ cup of shredded cheddar cheese over the ring.
- Repeat looping cones for a second layer. Then add a cup of Colby and Monterey Jack cheese.
- Repeat for the third and final loop. The glass jar should be removed from the middle of the cones.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the edges of the scones are golden and the cheese has melted
- Using the edges of the parchment paper, carefully transfer the quesadilla ring to a heat-safe serving dish.
Tip: If you want to trim excess parchment paper, be careful not to touch the hot cheese.
- Serve the quesadilla ring with your favorite salsa or dipping sauce.