Philly Cheesesteak Quesadilla Recipe
Have you ever tried Philly Cheesesteak Quesadillas? If not, you are missing out! They’re incredibly easy to make and can be ready in less than 30 minutes. I’m a food blogger, so I am obsessed with any type of quesadilla that has cheese filling. This recipe is my go-to because I always have everything on hand.
- 1/2 lb beef, thinly sliced or diced
- 2 flour tortillas, medium/ burrito-sized
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 3 slices of cheese, sliced in half
- 6 oz mushrooms, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tbsp light olive oil, divided
- 1/8 tsp black pepper powder to taste
- 2 tsp mayo
- ¼ tsp sea salt to taste
- Heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a frying pan.
- Once hot, add ground beef with salt and pepper and cook until meat is fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, finely chop the onion and chop the mushrooms and peppers into cubes.
- Saute the vegetables in the same pan until soft, adding another teaspoon of oil if necessary.
- In the skillet, add the beef with minced garlic and stir until the meat is heated through.
- Spread the mayonnaise over the tortillas, then divide the filling and add to one side of the tortilla.
- Cover the filling with cheese slices and close the tortilla.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat, then add a little oil.
- Place the tortillas in a hot skillet and fry until the cheese is melted and the outside is golden and crispy, flipping once.
- Cut it into slices and serve.