Who of us comes home after a tiring day at work and thinks of making a quick and easy meal? I think a Philly Cheesesteak Bread meal would suffice for that.
- 300g steak (rib steak or sirloin), very thinly sliced
- 2 onions, very thinly sliced into rings
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- ¼ red pepper, thinly sliced
- ¼ green pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 mushrooms, thinly slice
- Pickled dill kosher
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 150g of white cheese (Kraft processed cheese) or 4 thin slices of provolone
- 2 hoagie bread, or 2 small individual baguettes (about 20 cm each), hot
- Pour olive oil into a large skillet over high heat and heat it.
- Reduce the heat to medium, add the onions and fry for a minute.
- Add pepper and mushrooms, stir and cook until mushrooms are black and onions are
- translucent. Stir regularly.
- Add the steaks and cook for 3 minutes or until the meat is slightly browned. Salt and Pepper.
- Lay the provolone slices over the meat until it melts. If you are using hot cheese, melt it in a double boiler before turning it on.
- Cut the bread into slices lengthwise and toast it.
- Divide the meat mixture between the two doughs.
- If you are using melted cheese, sprinkle half of it on each piece of bread.
- Served with dill pickle.