I’m sure you’ve gathered that I like pies. They’re sweet and if you’re going over to a friend’s house for a party or get-together, they’re always appreciated. Here’s an easy mini cherry pie bites recipe that you and your friends are sure to enjoy.
- 15 oz can cherry pie filling
- 2 packages of pre-made pie dough
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon water
- Sugar for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Set aside a 24 slot mini muffin tray that has been greased.
- Roll out one of the pie crusts into a roughly rectangle shape (approximately a quarter-inch thickness) on a lightly floured board and cut out 12 three-inch rounds.
- Place the dough rounds in the muffin tin and repeat with the remaining pie crusts.
- Combine the cherry pie filling with the almond extract in a mixing bowl. Mix thoroughly.
- Fill the bottom crusts with cherry pie filling.
- Re-roll your leftover dough after kneading it together.
- 1 1/2 squares should be enough to cover each pie.
- Cut each dough square into four strips and lay in a lattice pattern over the pies’ tops.
- Stir the egg and water together with a fork in a small bowl.
- Brush the egg wash over the top dough with a basting brush.
- Sprinkle the hearts with sugar and bake for 35-45 minutes, or until golden.
- Let cool and serve.