Nothing is better than a warm bowl of chili in the wintertime. It’s just good on so many levels, not just to fight the cold weather. When it comes to eating healthier, I love the self stringent portion control that comes with chili. You can easily make this beef, black bean, and butternut squash chili ahead of time – it tastes amazing served over rice!
- 2 lbs lean ground beef
- 32 ounce can of black beans drained & rinsed
- 1 large red bell pepper diced
- 1 large yellow onion diced
- 1 1/2 pound butternut squash peeled & chopped
- 1.25 oz package of chili seasoning/ mix
- 2 stalks celery diced
- 6 cloves garlic minced
- 32 ounce can crushed tomatoes in tomato juice or sauce
- 2 Tablespoon tomato paste
- Brown the ground beef over medium heat and drain any excess fat.
- Combine the onions, peppers, celery, and garlic in a large mixing bowl and stir.
- Add the tomato paste, crushed tomatoes, butternut squash, chili seasoning, and black beans after that.
- Combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Set the Crock-Pot® slow cooker to high and close the lid.
- Let him 3 hours for cooking.
- Serve & Enjoy.