Why make meals that can take hours to cook, when you can have a flavorful, hearty meal in as little as a few hours. Slow Cooker Short Ribs are the perfect recipe for a busy weeknight. The meat is so tender and delicious you’ll be getting compliments from everyone at the table.
- 3 lbs beef short ribs
- 2-3 large russet potatoes washed, peeled, and chopped
- 2 large yellow onions chopped
- 2 red bell peppers sliced
- 1 lb carrots peeled & chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic chopped
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 87 oz ranch seasoning
- 87 oz brown gravy mix
- 1 sprig of fresh rosemary
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 spring of fresh thyme
- 2 Teaspoon seasoning salt OR salt free seasoning I like salt free ( Mrs. Dash)
- Drizzle the olive oil over the short ribs in a large mixing basin.
- Sprinkle the salt-free or seasoning salt well over the short ribs, then toss them to coat them with the oil and seasonings.
- Brown the ribs in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Remove the ribs from the flame once they are nicely browned.
- In a bowl or on a flat baking sheet, combine the ribs, chopped potatoes, onions, garlic, carrots, and peppers.
- Season generously with ranch seasoning and brown gravy mix.
- Place all of the ingredients in the slow cooker (except the potatoes).
- The potatoes should then be placed on top of the other ingredients.
- Set the slow cooker to high with the cover on.
- Allow 6 hours for cooking. During the last hour, I’ve been stirring things up quite a bit.
- After that, top with fresh parsley.
- Serve and ejoy!