Mexican tortilla casserole is an easy meal to prepare and perfect for late-night meals or a gathering of friends. Not only does it freeze and reheat well, but it’s especially great for guests. You can prepare everything in advance and then bake it 20 minutes before dinner.
This recipe for mexican tortilla casserole is an ideal to prepare because it is quick and easy and can be kept in the refrigerator for several days. You can also cut it into portions and serve one and freeze the rest. Whether you make it in advance for the week or make it the same day, this is an incredibly satisfying meal.
- 1lb. ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1 pack taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can refried beans
- 1 cup prepared rice
- 1 can Mexican blend corn, drained
- 4-5 large flour tortillas
- 8 oz of thick chunky salsa
- Spray a casserole baking dish with cooking spray. Brown minced meat and onions – then drain.
- Add taco seasoning and cook according to package direction.
- Place 1 tortilla in the bottom of a baking tray and And put a third of the beans over it.
- Cover with a third of the piece of meat and sprinkle a little cheese.
- Add the second tortilla layer, half the rice, half the salsa, half the corn and cheese.
- Add the third layer of tortillas, 1/3 beans, 1/3 meat, and cheese.
- Add 4 layers of tortillas, beans, meat, corn, rice, sauce, and cheese. Bake covered with aluminum foil at 350 for 40 minutes, then uncover and bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Leave it for 5 minutes before slicing.
- After baking, add sour cream, chopped onions, and shredded lettuce if desired.