This chicken and rice soup is perfect for a cold day and makes as great weeknight meal.
Recipes with chicken and rice soup it is a family favorite recipe to have a hot meal in the cold days.
It the soup is full of vegetables, chicken, and rice. And the fresh thyme adds great flavor too.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 fresh thyme sprigs
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 quarts chicken stock or broth, we use low sodium
- 1 cup of water
- 1 cup long grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, can use rotisserie chicken
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Place a large pot over medium heat and add olive oil.
- Add carrots, onions, celery, garlic, thyme and bay leaf.
- Cook with stir for about 6 minutes, until vegetables are softened but not browning.
- Pour the chicken broth and water and bring the liquid to a boil.
- Add rice and chicken. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cook on medium-low heat until rice is tender, about 25-30 minutes.
- Her feet are warm.