Melt-in-Your-Mouth Pot Roast
One of my favorite things to make in the crockpot is Pot Roast. The reason is that it cooks low and slow and in the end, comes out very tender and full of flavor.
This also works great for a holiday meal, especially if you like to get up and enjoy your day rather than fussing in the kitchen with preparing meals. This melt-in-your-mouth pot roast will be a perfect addition to your holiday table or any other time you want that delicious piece of meat.
- 3 to 4 lbs beef chuck
- 1 lb medium red potatoes, quartered
- 1 cup carrots
- ⅓ cup chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups beef broth
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon crushed pepper
- Minced fresh thyme, optional
- In a 5-quart slow cooker, combine the quartered potatoes and baby carrots.
- Combine the Dijon mustard, garlic salt, dried rosemary, dried thyme, and crushed pepper in a small bowl.
- Cut the pot roast in half and rub the Dijon mustard mixture all over it.
- Place the roast in the slow cooker and top with the chopped onion. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours after adding the beef broth.
- When it’s done cooking, serve it hot.