This dish begins with a flaky handmade pie crust that is filled with a smooth and creamy lemon filling and toasted meringue. It’s completely enticing.
- eggs 4
- sugar 150 g
- vanilla sugar 1 sachet
- 1/2 cup Lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- Milk 50 cl
- 1 tbsp zest Lemon
- melted butter 100 gm
- Flour 110 g
- salt 1 pinch
- egg white 2
- sugar 90 g
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Warm the milk with the lemon peel until it’s just warm.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar, vanilla sugar, and lemon juice in a mixing bowl and whisk until the mixture turns white. In a separate bowl, whisk together the melted butter, flour, and salt.
- Stir in the milk along with the peel.
- Stir the egg whites until firm, then use a spatula to gently fold them into the mixture. Mix gently with a whisk until the mixture is homogenous.
- Pour the dough into a circular mold with a diameter of 25 cm that has been lined with baking paper.
- No more than 50 minutes in the oven is recommended. Otherwise, the cake may fall apart or the layer may vanish. Allow the cake to cool completely before dismantling it.
- To make the meringues, whisk the egg whites until stiff, then gradually add the sugar while whisking. Apply the meringue to the top of the cake and use a blowtorch to brown it. Sprinkle a few sugar stars on top for more enchantment!