The fried potatoes and onions are amazingly delicious! This recipe is really just a list of instructions to follow. There is no need to measure anything, and no math required! Wonderful!
- 1 1/2 pounds (about 3 potatoes) round,
- thin-skinned white potatoes
- 1 large sweet onion
- Coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil, 1 turn of the pan
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Heat a 10-inch skillet over medium heat.
- Cut the potatoes and onions into very thin slices.
- Salt potatoes and onions.
- Add oil and butter to the skillet.
- When the butter mousse, add the potatoes and onions to the skillet.
- Place a flat plate over the potatoes and weigh it with them with anything heavy: a bag of flour, heavy cans, etc.
- Let the potatoes and onions peel for 2 to 3 minutes, then flip them over, replace the weights, and let them simmer again.
- Continue to sauté the potatoes and onions for about 20 minutes, until they are evenly browned and crusty.