Breathtaking broccoli recipes don’t have to be boring…. Baked broccoli cheese balls are a delicious meat-free meal to serve at gatherings.
Crispy on the outside with a layer of breadcrumbs and perfectly crunchy on the inside with 3 types of cheese. Fresh broccoli pieces covered completely with melted cheese.
- 1 half of cups full of fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup shredded colby cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 oz. velveta, cut into small portions
- half of teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 1/four cups rusk, divided
- 1 gently crushed egg
- half of cup all-purpose flour
- 2 eggs, gently scrambled vegetables or canola oil
- Steam the broccoli until slightly softened.
- After letting it rest a bit, chop the broccoli fine. Parts should be 1/4 inch or less.
- Put it in a large bowl. Add cheese, red pepper flakes, 1/4 cup of the breadcrumbs, and 1 egg in a bowl with the broccoli. stir well. Use your hands to shape the mixture into balls, using about 1 tablespoon per ball. You should get 12-14.
- Place the balls on a plate and place them in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Put the flour in a bowl.
- Place the two gently mashed eggs in another bowl and mix them in a tablespoon of water.
- Put the last two cups of panko crumbs into a third bowl.
- Pour approximately 2 inches of oil directly into a Dutch oven or heavy saucepan.
- The oil is heated to 375 degrees. For first-class results, use a thermometer. Remove the broccoli balls from the refrigerator, brush them with flour, dip them in the egg mixture, and cover with breadcrumbs.
- Fry approximately four balls at the cooking time until golden brown on all sides.
- Put it on a plate covered with a paper towel.