Easy No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars
I love chocolate and I love oats, so you already know I’m going to love Easy No-Bake Chocolate Oat Bars.
But there’s more to these bars than just that –they’re a good choice if you’re trying to reduce the amount of sugar (and cooking time) in the typical sweet treats you make at home. Best of all, they couldn’t be simpler to assemble and combine your favorite flavors!
This recipe is for you because it is so easy and delicious
- 1 cup butter
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups rolled oats
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup chunky peanut butter
- Set aside a baking dish lined with parchment paper.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, and vanilla extract in a medium saucepan. Heat until the butter has melted and the sugar has dissolved over low heat.
- Combine the oats, cinnamon, and kosher salt in a mixing bowl. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Pour half of the oat mixture into the baking dish that has been prepared. Press down on the mixture to distribute it evenly.
- Combine the chocolate chips and peanut butter in a small microwave-safe bowl. put it in a Microwave on high for 40 seconds at a time, stirring after each increment until completely melted and mixed.
- Pour ⅘ cups of the chocolate mixture over the crushed oats in the pan, leaving about ¼ cups for drizzling. Drizzle the remaining ¼ cup chocolate mixture over the remaining oats.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours, or until completely set.
- When the cake has hardened and cooled well, serve it with a glass of refreshing juice.