Crock Pot Great Northern Beans
Get your choice, get your fork ready for this Crock Pot Great Northern Beans Recipe. They’re made with just a few ingredients so you know exactly what’s up in this dish. The crockpot will do all the work for you. In case you don’t already own one, I’ll tell you exactly which is the Best Crockpot to use.
- 1 – 16 oz package dried northern beans
- 3 – 4 beef hock or meaty beef bone (about 1 1/2 lbs)
- 1/3 – cup light brown sugar
- 1 – small onion diced water enough to cover beans
- salt & pepper to taste
- To make this delectable dish, first, sort the beans for any stones and then rinse them under cold water.
- After that, add the rinsed beans, onion, salt, and pepper, as well as the beef hock or meaty cow bone (chopped into large chunks) to the crockpot. After all, be sure to soak the beans with enough water to cover them by 2 inches. (around 6 to 8 cups)
- Cover and cook on low high for the first 2 hours, then reduce to low and cook for another 4 to 5 hours, or until beans are cooked. Next, take all of the meat from the bull hock or meaty cow bone.
- last but not least, You must now return the meat to the slow cooker in this step.
- Stir the ingredients together, taste them, and season with salt if necessary. Serve with cornbread or biscuits while still hot.