Buckeyes are one of those desserts you can’t stop with just one. This simple Buckeye recipe is sweetened only with peanut butter and dipped around a creamy peanut butter core in dark chocolate for a snappy shell. Buckeyes are easy to make and only call for a few ingredients.
- 1+1/2 cup Of peanut butter
- 1 Cup Of softened butter.
- 6 Cup Of confectioners sugar.
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of vanilla extract.
- 4 Cup Of semisweet chocolate chips.
- I lined a large pan or baking sheet with wax paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, I combined the confectioners’ sugar, peanut butter, vanilla, and butter and stirred until well combined.
- I made little balls out of the peanut butter mixture and set them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- I inserted a toothpick into the top of each ball and placed it in the freezer for about 40 minutes, or until solid.
- I microwaved the chocolate chips for around 60 seconds to melt them.
- Then, using a toothpick, I dipped each peanut butter ball in chocolate.
- I leave a small amount of peanut butter visible at the end to make them seem like Buckeyes.
- I placed the chocolate-coated peanut butter balls on wax paper and removed the toothpick.
- I refrigerated it until it was completely set. After that, I served them. I kept them in a jar in the fridge for storage.