This creamy cheese chicken tacos is full of flavour. They’re easy to prepare and perfect for wrapping in tortillas, pots, or any other recipe using cheese and chicken.
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups deli rotisserie chicken or leftover roast/baked chicken shredded
- 1 bunch green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 10 medium corn tortillas
- canola oil for frying
- Prepare the oven and heat it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put a frying pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
- Add oil and let it heat up.
- Add 1 tortilla at a time and fry until light brown. Repeat this with the rest of the tortillas.
- Place the fried tortillas on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain the excess oil.
- Put a pot on the stove and reduce the heat.
- Add cream cheese and heat until melted.
- Add shredded chicken, green onions, garlic and cheddar cheese.
- Remove from heat and stir until well combined.
- Fill each fried tortilla with the chicken mixture.
- Place tortillas in a 9″ x 13″ baking dish.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and leave at room temperature to cool for at least two minutes.