Creamed Chipped Beef
Creamed chipped beef is a portion of classic comfort food that combines dried beef in a smooth cream sauce served over toasted sourdough or European whole grain bread. Also referred to as “Creamed Beef on Toast” and “Corned Beef Creamed Chipped Beef” the ubiquitous meal is served at diners, eateries, breakfast, and family dinners alike.
- 8 ounces Buddig original beef
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup purpose black pepper
- 2 pinches of ground cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the beef into small pieces.
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, melt the butter.
- Add the flour and whisk to combine.
- Cook for 2 to 3 minutes, constantly whisking.
- Add black pepper and cayenne pepper to taste.
- Whisk in the milk gradually until it is smooth and creamy.
- Simmer for 3-5 minutes after adding the chopped beef.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with toasted bread, eggs, hash browns, or biscuits for a hearty breakfast.