Easy Garlic Butter Sauteed Brussels Sprouts
Ok, hands down these Easy Garlic Butter Sauteed Brussels Sprouts are THE BEST way to enjoy Brussels sprouts. The first time I tried these was the last time I tried any other way of preparing them (ok, there was one time I made a cream of brussels sprout soup, but that’s IT).
- 700 g (1½lb) Brussels sprouts
- 3 garlic cloves crushed
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp hot or red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper to taste
- Cut the brussels sprouts in half using a sharp knife.
- Any browning outer leaves should be snapped off and discarded. Set aside the garlic, which has been finely chopped or minced.
- On medium heat, heat a frying pan.
- After that, add the halved brussels sprouts and a tablespoon of olive oil. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Allow the sprouts to caramelize while sautéing, tossing often.
- Stir in the butter, garlic, and chili flakes after the vegetables are crisp-tender (I use up to a half teaspoon for a nice spicy bite).
- Cook for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the sprouts are cooked through (the tip of a sharp knife can easily be pushed into them).
- Season with salt & pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice to taste, then serve.