This Chicken Ranch Macaroni and Cheese has a pile of ranch-seasoned creamy elbow macaroni topped with ranch-seasoned chicken and crumbled bacon.
- 4 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless, cut into cubes
- 1 box dry ranch seasoning (about 3 teaspoons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Cheese and Macaroni
- Elbow macaroni, 8 ounces (2 cups uncooked) cooked al dente and drained
- 1/4 cup freshly grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated white cheddar cheese
- 4 cooked and crumbled bacon strips
- 1/4 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups warmed whole milk
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon powdered garlic
- 2 tbsp ranch seasoning (dry)
- chopped parsley (for garnish)
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Chicken from a Ranch
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the chicken and ranch seasoning. Toss to evenly coat.
- in a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches. Cook each side for 1-2 minutes (or until golden brown and the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit). Remove from the fire and cover with aluminum foil to stay warm.
Cheese and Macaroni
- Wipe out the skillet before beginning to cook the macaroni and cheese.
- In a medium saucepan, melt the butter.
- After adding the flour, whisk regularly for 1-2 minutes (or until the mixture turns light brown).
- Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the warm milk gently while stirring constantly.
- Return the pan to heat and continue to whisk for another 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens.
- In a mixing dish, combine the salt, garlic powder, and ranch seasoning. After stirring to combine, remove from heat.
- Melt the cheeses by stirring them in.
- Pour the cooked noodles on top of the sauce. To blend, combine all of the ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Before adding the chicken, bacon, and parsley, season with salt and pepper.