Potatoes are considered to be comfort food for many people and there is something about the way the creamy cheese and potatoes go together that makes this dish a winner in my house.
This Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes recipe It’s perfect for any meal or occasion from weeknight dinners with the family all the way up to holiday parties.
- 5 large potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced less than 1/8″ thick
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups medium cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 1/4 cup chives, finely chopped, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 190°C with the rack in the center. A greased 9×13 casserole dish is required.
- Combine ranch dressing, milk, mayonnaise, 1 cup cheddar cheese, and minced garlic in a large mixing basin. Stir in the thinly sliced potatoes until each piece is coated in the creamy sauce.
- Spread the potatoes equally in the casserole dish, patting them down, and then top with the remaining 1 cup cheddar cheese.
- Cover well with foil and bake at 190 ° C for 70 minutes or until tender when pricked with a knife. Then remove the foil and bake for another 5 minutes. Finally, grill on high heat for about 23 minutes and lightly bake the cheese crust. Rest for 10 to 15 minutes before serving and then decorate the chives.