Carrot Cake Roll With Cream Cheese Filling
I am in love with carrot cake, but rarely make it at home because who wants to deal with frosting a whole carrot cake? It can be quite intimidating. This carrot cake roll with cream cheese filling is a fun way to mix up a classic carrot cake. The cream cheese filling is velvety smooth and gets spread between two sheets of cinnamon-spiced carrot cake. The process might seem a bit long and complicated, but it’s not too bad.
For The Carrot Cake:
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 3 large eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup cake flour
- powdered sugar for rolling
For the Cream Cheese Filling:
- 6 oz cream cheese at room temperature
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter at room temperature
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Cake Roll :
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 10×15-inch jelly roll pan generously with cooking spray and line with parchment paper. Using cooking spray, lightly flour the paper. Put anything to the side.
- 3 minutes on high with an electric mixer add the sugar and continue to beat on high for 3-4 minutes, or until pale and foamy. Mix in the vanilla essence and the oil until everything is well combined.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder, ginger, nutmeg, and cinnamon in a separate basin. Do not overmix. Stir all wet and dry ingredients until completely combined and homogeneous.. Toss in the carrots.
- Spread the ingredients in the prepared pan using a spatula. Bake for 15-16 minutes, or until soft but done.
- Sprinkle a substantial amount of powdered sugar on a clean kitchen towel while the carrot cake is baking.
- Take the cake out of the oven and quickly turn it over a kitchen towel dusted with powdered sugar once it’s completed baking.
- Roll the cake with the towel beginning at the short end. Allow a few hours for it to cool completely.
- Make the frosting while the cake is cooling.
- Butter and cheese should be combined in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment until smooth. Blend in the vanilla extract and powdered sugar until smooth.
To Assemble :
- Carefully wait until the cake is entirely cool. Roll tightly after spreading cream cheese icing evenly. Chill the cake roll for 1 hour to firm it up a bit.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar on top. Cut and savor!