Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos
Do you love easy recipes that your whole family will love? If so let me introduce you to my Crock Pot Cream Cheese and Chicken Taquitos. These creamy crunchy and cheesy taquitos are made in the slow cooker and can be used as appetizers or even a main dish. Not only do they taste great they are also super easy to make!
- 3 cups chicken cooked and shredded
- 6 oz cream cheese softened
- 1 1/2 cups cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1 1/2 cups baby spinach
- 12 6 inch corn tortillas
- vegetable or canola oil for frying
- In a saucepan over medium heat, heat 12″ oil.
- Combine the chicken, cream cheese, sour cream, salsa, co-jack, and spinach in a large mixing basin. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Put a few tablespoons of the chicken/cream cheese mixture in the center of a tortilla and spread out after the oil is hot enough (place palm over the pan, above oil, to feel heat). Using tongs, roll up and place seam side down in oil. Cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas until they are all filled, rolled, and cooked.
- To drain, place on paper towels.
- ENJOY while it’s still warm!