Cajun Grilled Salmon
I am a big fan of seafood, so I was ecstatic when my son asked to buy some salmon. I was excited to create a Cajun Grilled Salmon recipe with the ingredients I had on hand: lemons, onions, honey, butter, and cajun spices. These are ingredients that I use often and my family loves them, especially the cajun seasonings. I hoped they would work perfectly with the salmon and honey butter sauce…and they did! It’s such a simple little dinner that you can whip up in a snap after work or at the end of the day. Your family will love this Cajun Grilled Salmon!
- 4 salmon fillets
- salt and pepper to taste
- 6 teaspoon unsalted butter – at room temperature
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 or 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 teaspoon paprika – smoked paprika, if you have it
- 2 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ Teaspoon salt
- ½ Teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the Cajun spice.
- Using an electric hand mixer, beat the butter for 2 minutes, or until light and fluffy. Combine honey and cream in a mixing bowl and whisk until smooth. Add a spoonful of Cajun seasoning to the mix.
- Using a paper towel, pat the salmon fillets dry on all sides. Season with salt and pepper to taste after rubbing everything with oil.
- Cook salmon for 6-8 minutes on each side on a preheated grill or grill pan, or until opaque and flaky.
- After turning off the grill, spread a large quantity of Cajun Butter over each slice.
- Leave the butter to melt for 30 seconds, then spread it over the top of the salmon using the back of a spoon. On both sides.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and parsley if desired, and serve immediately.