Sometimes I think there is no limit to the variety of recipes one can make with good old chicken!
Put a little love and imagination together and there’s always something delicious to spice up a family meal.
This recipe for Sweet and Sticky Black Pepper Chicken is my favorite on weekends and movie nights as a portion of comfort food.
We don’t need any sides to serve it with, not even a dipping or sauce to season it.
Just put the plate in the middle, sit around it, dig with your fingers, get messy, lick your fingers, slap your lips, and be happy!
- 1/2 kg chicken cutups
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1+1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Combine vinegar, honey, sugar, garlic, black pepper, and salt in a large bowl.
- Add chicken to it and marinate for 30 minutes.
- Put a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the chicken and the seasoning to it.
- Add 1/2 cup of water.
- Cover the pan and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove the lid and let the sauce thicken until it reaches your desired consistency.
- I like it when the chicken is completely covered in a thick, sticky layer.
- Sprinkle with your favorite fresh herbs, hot peppers, or sesame seeds. Serve hot.