Beef Barley Soup is a warm and delicious soup. The soup was full of rich flavor. Beef Barley Soup is an easy dinner idea filled with tender cuts of beef, barley, and vegetables. It’s the perfect healthy meal to get ready for a busy week!
- 1 pound chuck roast beef, trimmed into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1 1/2 cups celery thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups carrots thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup onion chopped
- 4 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil, or more as needed
- 1 package pre-sliced mushrooms 8-ounce
- 2 tbs beef base (this is different than beef broth it is a base that makes beef broth)
- 8-10 cups water
- 1 large bay leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- salt and pepper.
- Fry the beef in a non-stick frying pan until brown, stirring constantly.
- Remove meat from skillet and place in crockpot.
- Add carrots, onions, mushrooms, celery, beef base, water, garlic, and bay leaf.
- Simmer over high heat for 1 hour, then add pearl barley, reduce and cook until vegetables and beef are tender (add water or more broth as needed to keep the beef submerged).
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add a sprinkle of fresh parsley and Serve.