Baked Candied Yams
The best sweet potato recipe can be served as a dessert to your family or friends.
This dish is characterized by local sugar and cinnamon and is easy to make.
- 5 medium-sized yams
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 tbsp salted butter
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground clove
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and then wash the yams.
- The yams should be peeled and chopped into 1/2-inch thick slices.
- In a baking dish, place the yams.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Sprinkle in the white and brown sugar, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, ground ginger, and ground clove once the butter has melted.
- Remove the pan from the heat, combine the ingredients, and then add the vanilla essence.
- Pour the candied mixture over the yams, making sure that it is evenly distributed.
- After that, cover the baking dish with foil and bake the yams for 30 minutes.
- After removing the yams from the oven, brush them with the candied mixture.
- Bake the yams for another 15-20 minutes, covered.
- Before serving, remove the yams from the oven and set them aside for 10 minutes.