Beef and Cheese Chimichangas
A quick and easy beef and cheese Chimichanga. To create it, you only need a few simple and widely available ingredients. These are baked quickly, and you may have them in 15 minutes!
Chimichangas are stuffed with seasoned meat and jalapenos, cheese, and all of the amazing tastes you could want. In a wrap, the ultimate comfort food. Serve with your choice of toppings, such as lettuce, salsa, or sour cream. It’s gooey, cheesy, meaty, and delightfully crunchy on the outside, with a filling that’s oh so good. Every bite is delectable! The flavors, especially the heat, You will love its taste and leave you wanting more!
- 1 ½ lb. Ground beef
- (10) 10-inch flour tortillas
- 1 Can of refried beans
- ½ Medium onion chopped
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tsp Chili powder
- ½ tsp Oregano
- 4 oz. Chopped jalapenos in a can
- 24 oz. Tomato sauce
- 4 oz. Diced green chilis in a can
- 1 ½ C. Shredded taco blend cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for frying
- On medium-high heat, add the minced meat to the skillet. Cook until the meat is completely browned and drained off the excess liquid.
- In the same skillet as the meat, add the beans, onion, minced garlic, 12 cups tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, and pepper to taste. Cook for another 5 minutes over medium heat, stirring often to ensure that all of the ingredients are well combined.
- Microwave the tortillas for a few seconds until they are heated.
- In the bottom of a deep-sided pan, pour approximately an inch of oil and heat over medium-high heat on the stove.
- Fill the middle of each of the 10 tortillas with an equal quantity of filling. To make a packet, fold one end of the tortilla over the filling, tuck in the ends of the tortilla, and roll it closed. Using a toothpick, shut the packet.
- Place the filled chimichangas in the hot oil and fry until both sides are browned and crispy. Keep an eye on them because this won’t take long.
- Allow the chimichangas to cool on a paper towel-lined pan to absorb any excess grease.
- In a saucepan over medium heat on the stove, heat the remaining tomato sauce, green chilis, and jalapeño peppers until the sauce is warm.
- Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve by ladling the sauce over the finished chimichangas and topping with shredded cheese.