Amish Apple Dumplings
Amish apple muffins are apples wrapped in homemade buttery dough and baked in cinnamon brown sugar syrup.
One of the best apple recipes for making a delicious fall dessert!
For the dough:
- 2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
For the apples:
- 6 apples peeled and cored
For the sauce:
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups water
To make the dough:
1. In a medium mixing basin, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
2. Mix the butter with the milk until a soft dough is formed.
3. Make 6 balls out of the dough.
Assemble the dumplings:
1. Using a floured surface, roll out each dough ball.
2. Place an apple in the center of each piece of dough.
3. Form a ball out of the dough by folding it around the apple and pressing it together.
4. Using cooking spray, spray the bowl.
5. Place the dumplings in the prepared pan and preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
To make the sauce:
1. Brown sugar, water, butter, and cinnamon are combined in a small pot over medium-low heat. Heat until it just begins to boil, stirring often.
2. Fill the dumplings with this mixture.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the apples are tender and the dough is golden brown, at 350 degrees. If desired, baste the dumplings with the syrup several times during baking.
4. Serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream while it’s still warm.