Zucchini Garlic Bites
Shredded and baked with garlic and parmesan cheese, garden-fresh zucchini turns into a delicious veggie side dish. This baked zucchini recipe combines fresh herbs with pasta sauce for an Italian-inspired twist. This healthy zucchini recipe uses garlic, oregano, basil, as well as a little tomato paste to enhance the flavor of the marinara or Alfredo sauce you serve it with. Serve this easy but delicious side dish with chicken or pork, or even add some ground beef to make it into the main dish.
- 1 cup shredded zucchini, well-drained
- 1 finely grated garlic clove
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup rusk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon Chives fresh minced (or 1 Tablespoon dried chives)
- 1 Teaspoon chopped fresh basil (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh parsley (or 1/2 Tablespoon dried)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced oregano (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- pinch of salt and pepper
- tomato sauce for dipping
- Heat the oven to 400 F. Coat a baking tray with a little olive oil or non-stick spray.
- Grate the zucchini on a clean towel. Roll up the towel and roll it up to squeeze out
the moisture and grate the garlic
- In a medium bowl, mix well the shredded zucchini, garlic, eggs, bread crumbs,
Parmesan, chives, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, and pepper, until all ingredients are
- Form a tablespoon of the mixture in your hands, roll them into small balls, and place
them on the baking tray.
- In a preheated oven, bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until golden. Serve warm with