Strawberry French Toast Roll-Ups
These Strawberry French Toast Rollups make a great breakfast but are also wonderful for brunch, dessert or even just an afternoon snack.
They have a cheesecake filling and strawberries rolled up in cinnamon sugar bread. This recipe is relatively simple to make and the best part is it only takes about 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 10 slices white sandwich bread
- 1 1/2 cups fresh strawberries diced small
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp milk
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tsp granulated sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- Combine diced strawberries and 1 teaspoon sugar in a mixing bowl. Toss to evenly coat.
- In a separate dish, add melted cream cheese and powdered sugar and stir until smooth.
- With a rolling pin, flatten the bread pieces and remove the crusts. Along one side of the bread, spread a teaspoon of the cream cheese mixture. Add a spoonful of strawberries on top. Roll the bread up gently. Proceed with the rest of the bread.
- Whisk together the eggs, milk, remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Using cooking spray or a tiny quantity of butter, coat the pan. Place the rolls seam side down on the pan after dipping them in the egg mixture. Once browned, flip and heat until all sides are done.
- Remove from the oven and serve with syrup, additional strawberries, or powdered sugar.