Getting steakhouse flavor doesn’t have to be difficult!The quintessential beef steak is full of flavor and roasted to perfection, all from the comfort of your own kitchen.
- 1 (24 ounce) 2-inch-thick ribeye steak, at room temperature
- Kosher salt & freshly-ground black-pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp oil-canola
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 crushed garlic cloves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary
- Using paper towels, pat the sides of the steak dry; Season generously with 1 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/2 teaspoon of pepper.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium-high heat, about 23 minutes; Add rapeseed oil.
- Placing steak in center of skillet also cooking, turn every 2-3 min, to dark crust forms on both sides, for 12-14 min.
- Reduce heat to low.Push the steak to one side of the pan.
- Add the butter, garlic, thyme and rosemary to the other side of theAsserted, tilting the saucepan with butter and cook until the butter is sparkling, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.Working carefully, pour butter over steak for 12 minutes, turning once, until core temperature reaches 120 ° F for medium doneness, or until desired softness.
- Let it rest 16 minutes before cutting.
- perfectly serve.