- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 cup oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (15 ounces) pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 13×18 baking dish with a little bit of butter.
- In a large bowl, use a hand mixer to mix the sugar, butter, and oil together for 1-2 minutes.
- Add eggs, vanilla and pumpkin, then mix.
- In a separate bowl, mix the baking powder, baking soda, salt, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ground ginger, and flour until well combined.
- Add the dry ingredients to the slightly wet mixture at a time and mix. Once everything is added, blend for another 30 seconds to ensure everything is well blended.
- Pour the mixture onto the greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until slightly golden. Take it out of the oven.
- Let it cool completely and then frost. Sprinkle some pumpkin pie spice on top.
- Using a hand or stand mixer, mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla together for 1 minute.
- Add the heavy cream and beat over high heat for another 2 minutes, until the garnish is fluffy.
Notes: 2 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice can be used in place of the spices listed.