Tender and flavorful meatballs braised in a tomato and basil sauce and served in a toasty baguette with melty cheese.
If you know how they mean you can reach into someone’s heart bypassing into their stomach?
Who doesn’t want tender, juicy homemade meatballs braised in a tangy-sweet tomato gravy and crammed into a buttery toasted bun with plenty of melty cheese? Even though meatball subs are an inanimate entity, I adore them!
- A jar.Of Tomato and Basil Pasta Sauce; I used the 570 ml jar.
- A small peeled Carrot; I chopped it.
- A small zucchini; I chopped it.
- 2 minced Garlic cloves.
- A slice.Of Wholemeal bread, I cut it into cubes.
- 1/3 Cup.Of grated Parmesan cheese.
- 3 large spoons.Of milk.
- An Egg.
- 11/2 small spoons.Of Italian dried herbs.
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Around 500 grams.Of Lean ground beef.
The first thing, I thinly chopped the carrot, the zucchini, and garlic in a food processor.
And I added the Bread, grated cheese, milk, egg, dried herbs, sea salt, and black pepper.
Also, I mixed the ingredients in a bowl without pureeing them.
I added the crumbled beef and gently mixed it to combine with the other ingredients, I made 18 meatballs.
In a wide frying pan over medium heat, I heated the sauce when cooking the meatballs.
After that, I added the meatballs to the sauce, partly covered, and cooked for 15 minutes, flipping the meatballs after 8 minutes.
Finally, I topped the meatballs with the cheese. They are often served on submarine rolls or over a bed of hot fried spaghetti.
I HOPE YOU’LL ENJOY IT!!