When you are busy and need to start something in the morning as you won’t have time to prepare a meal later in the day. That’s when recipes like these come in handy.
A casserole for minced meatballs and bread is just that. You dump all five ingredients into the slow cooker, set it up, and forget about it! Is it really better than that? No not quite. Enjoy this wonderful meal!
- 1 (16 ounces) package Barilla uncooked rotini pasta
- 1 (25 ounces) jar marinara sauce
- 3 cups water
- 1 (14 ounce) package fully-cooked miniature (cocktail-size) meatballs (if using frozen
- meatballs, make sure that they are completely thawed before using)
- 2 cups Kraft shredded mozzarella (or Italian blend) cheese
Optional: Parmesan cheese and fresh chopped herbs (such as basil, oregano, and parsley) for garnish.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking dish, combine the uncooked pasta, marinara sauce, water, and meatballs together.
- Cover the mixture tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 30 minutes.
reveal; flip over.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over and bake, uncovered, for another 10 minutes (or until cheese has melted and pasta is cooked through).