Loaded Broccoli Potato Soup
If you love savory soup, you will surely love this thick and creamy broccoli potato soup stuffed with flavorful vegetables and flavorful spices. It’s delicious and filling!
- 2 14.5 oz cans of chicken broth
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 2 broccoli cut into small cubes
- 2-3 large carrots peeled and diced
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 6 slices of bacon cooked and chopped
- 3 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- 3 1/2 cups of milk
- 4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic pepper
- Combine chicken broth, carrots, potatoes, and onion powder in a large pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and continue to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Add broccoli, cover, and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter while the soup is cooking. Cook for another minute after whisking in the flour (or until golden brown). Cook for a further 5 minutes, whisking constantly until the sauce thickens.
- Stir in the cheese until it is completely melted. To taste, season with garlic powder and sea salt.
- In a big pot, add the cheese sauce and whisk until everything is properly incorporated.
- For a thinner consistency, add more milk and season with salt and pepper as needed. Bacon chunks should be sprinkled on top.
- Warm the dish before serving.