I have to say, this coleslaw is so delicious that it might even be better than the original! I don’t know if it’s the cabbage or the high ratio of dressing to cabbage (probably both), but this coleslaw is awesome. I’ve been making it for years and my family absolutely loves it. It’s so good that we serve it at every BBQ and holiday meal. I even keep a big jar of it in the fridge for snacking on throughout the week.
- 8 Cups or 1-16 Ounce Bag Coleslaw Cabbage, Finely Diced
- 1 Tablespoon Onion Finely Grated
- 1/4 Cup Carrot Shredded (Omit If You’re Using Bagged Coleslaw Mix
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Cup Whole Milk
- 1/4 Cup Buttermilk Well Shaken
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons White Vinegar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/8 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Whisk together the first 9 ingredients in a large mixing basin until smooth and well blended.
- Mix in the cabbage and carrot until evenly covered.
- Refrigerate the bowl Covered for at least 4 hours or overnight. Before serving, thoroughly combine all ingredients.