For a cold day, I needed something with broth to keep warm.
Could I get my serving of veggies in at the same time? This is comforting vegetable soup.
For all its veggies it’s surprisingly light, with a clear broth.
It is delicious and beautiful! Let’s cook!!!
- 250 g carrots, peeled and chopped into cube size
- 250 g potatoes, peeled and chopped into cube size
- 200 g celery, washed, chopped into cube size
- 200 g green beans, cut ends off and chopped into bite size
- 200 g dried spiral pasta
- 150 g red cabbage, thinly sliced
- 150 g can mixed beans
- 1 – 1 1/2 L vegetables stock
- 1 tub small tomato paste
- ¼ c pasta sauce garlic and herbs
- 5-8 Tbs olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- ½ handful of parsley for garnish
- Salt and pepper
- Heat a large saucepan with oil over high to medium heat.
- When hot, add garlic and stir until fragrant.
- Add the carrots, celery, and potatoes, and stir-fry for 5 minutes. Then, add the broth and stir with the pasta sauce.
- Bring the mixture to a boil and reduce heat to medium, about 30-40 minutes, until cooked Vegetables are tender.
- Add pasta and cook for 10 minutes, covered, reducing heat.
- Next, add the red cabbage and green beans and cook until slightly soft.
- Flip it over and make sure the pasta is clean. Season with salt and pepper.
- Then add the mixed beans and tomato paste and mix well.
- Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Garnished with parsley. Season to taste.
- Can be served with bread on butter.