Heaven on Earth Cake
When I think of cake, I’m usually thinking about some sort of chocolate, red velvet, or pumpkin. It’s not very often that I think of cherries, but the combination of cherries and cream in this heaven on earth cake is truly heavenly. This is one decadent dessert that will make you want to sit back with a cup of tea and enjoy every bite.
This is the best recipe that you can make because it is easy and delicious.
- 1 angel food cake a pre-made cake
- 1 can cherry pie filling (18 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups milk 2%
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 package vanilla pudding mix 3.6 ounces
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- sliced almonds optional garnish
- Cut the angel food cake into 1-inch cubes once it has cooled.
Pro Tip: If you’re making this cake from scratch, make careful to let it cool completely before cutting it to avoid overheating the other ingredients.
Pro Tip: When cutting angel food cake, the ideal knife to use is one with a serrated blade; it will cut the cake more easily and preserve the airy, fluffy texture of the cake.
- Half of the cake pieces should be evenly distributed in the bottom of a cake pan (metal or glass).
- 2/3 of the cherry pie filling should be equally distributed over the cake.
- Over the cherry pie filling, layer the remaining cake pieces.
- Stir the pudding mix, milk, and sour cream together in a medium bowl until smooth, about 2 minutes. Spread evenly over the cake’s top.
- Over the pudding layer, evenly spread the Cool Whip. Over the top, drop and spread the remaining cherry pie filling.
- Place in the refrigerator for 4 to 5 hours to chill before serving. ( This cake should be refrigerated for at least 4 to 5 hours to absorb all of the flavors. It’s much better if you can do it overnight).
- Optionally, slivered almonds can be sprinkled on top of the cake before serving.