Ground Beef Cabbage Soup
Cabbage soup is an easy and comforting soup that I grew up with as a child in Sweden. There are tons of cabbage soup variations, but this beef variation is my favorite! The ground beef really makes the soup more flavorful and hearty.
Ground Beef Cabbage Soup is a hearty meal for the colder seasons or it can be enjoyed on a day when you just want to stay home.
- 1 pound ground beef,
- 4 cups cabbage chopped
- 4 cups beef broth
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, sliced
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp coarse ground black pepper
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes
- On high heat, add oil to a big saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add the ground beef, onion, salt, and pepper to the pan and cook, breaking it up as it cooks, until it is browned, about 6-8 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly after adding the tomato sauce, beef broth, cabbage, carrots, celery, and diced tomatoes.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce to low heat and continue to cook for 20 minutes, or until the cabbage and carrots are soft.
- Serve and have fun!